The computer security industry is eating humble pie at this weeks RSA Security Conference in San Francisco. Amid continued cybersecurity break-ins and a growing threat landscape, here are five key IT security and data protection trends emerging at the conference.
1. About That Humble Pie: Amit Yoran, president of EMC Corp.s RSA unit, says the IT security industry has failed because organizations that are investing millions and millions of dollars in security are still getting compromised on a consistent basis, according to an interview with The Wall Street Journal. In a separate interview, Yoran told Fortune that its time for No More of the Same. Lets do things differently; lets think differently; lets act differently. Because, what the security industry has been doing has not worked.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access