Since releasing the "Federal Health IT Strategic Plan for 2011-2015" on March 25, the Office of the National Coordinator has posted 24 industry comments. Here are three samples:
1. "One concern is that ONC may not have done an extensive enough review of available standards for vocabularies used in data exchange. For example, SNOMED, while comprehensive, is often convoluted and difficult to map to, particularly for use at the point of care. To date, it has also been difficult to determine how to consult or give input to ONC on available standards for vocabularies for data exchange, specifically those that are in widely adopted by EMR systems (both in the public and commercial arenas) already, but not 'accepted' for exchange by ONC."
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access