Deven McGraw, a privacy and security representative and director of the Health Privacy Project at the Center for Democracy & Technology, will continue to serve on the HIT Policy Committee.
New and continuing members of the HIT Standards Committee include:
- Jeremy Delinsky, small innovative provider representative; senior vice president and chief technology officer, Athenahealth, Natick, Mass.
- Lorraine Doo, M.S.W.A., M.P.H., federal representative for Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS); senior advisor, CMS, Baltimore, Md. * continuing
- James Ferguson, health plans representative; vice president of health information technology strategy and policy, Kaiser Permanente, Oakland, Calif. * continuing
- Keith J. Figlioli, purchaser/employer representative; senior vice president of healthcare informatics, Premier Inc., Charlotte, N.C.
- Lisa Gallagher, B.S.E.E., C.I.S.M., C.P.H.I.M.S., HITsecurity representative, senior director of privacy and security, HIMSS, Washington, D.C.
- John D. Halamka, M.D., M.S., chief information officer representative; Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass. * continuing as vice chair
- Taha A. Kass-Hout, M.D., M.S., federal representative for Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC); director of the division of informatics solutions and operations, CDC, Atlanta, Ga.
- Anne LeMaistre, M.D., chief medical information officer representative; senior director clinical information systems and chief medical information officer, Seton Healthcare Family, Ascension Health, Austin, Texas
- Kim Nolen, pharmacy representative; medical outcomes specialist, Pfizer Inc., Peachtree City, Ga.
- Nancy Orvis, federal representative for Department of Defense (DoD); director, National Health IT Standards Participation and IM/IT Integration, DoD, Falls Church, Va. * continuing
- Wes Rishel, HIT representative; vice president and distinguished analyst, Gartner, Mckinleyville, Calif. * continuing
- Charles H. Romine, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST); director information technology laboratory, NIST, Gaithersburg, Md. * continuing
- Eric Rose, M.D., provider/HIT implementation representative; director of clinical terminology, Intelligent Medical Objects, Seattle, Wash.
- Christopher Ross, M.B.A., chief information officer representative; chief information officer, Mayo Clinic, Minneapolis, Minn. * continuing
- Andrew Wiesenthal, M.D., S.M., provider/hit implementation representative; director of health care practice, Deloitte Consulting, San Francisco, Calif.