CMS Move Targets Key Fraud Areas
Hoping to stem fraud and abuse in troublesome regions of the nation, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services has imposed a temporary moratorium on enrollment for certain services covered by Medicare, Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Plan in three major metropolitan regions.The moratorium applies to newly-enrolling home health agencies in the greater Chicago and Miami regions, and newly-enrolling ambulance services in the Houston metropolitan region. The six-month moratoriums began July 30, but CMS can lift them early or extend them for another six months.
All Health Data Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to exclusive industry white paper downloads, web seminars, podcasts, e-books, and conference discounts. Qualified members may also choose to receive our free monthly magazine and any of our e-newsletters covering the latest breaking news, opinions from industry leaders, developing trends and specialized topics like EHR's, revenue cycle management, health insurance exchanges, analytics, and more!
- Allscripts, Cerner, McKesson & Others Launch Interoperability Service
- KLAS Details Rough Start for Computer-Assisted Coding Vendors
- 800,000 Affected after Horizon BCBS Laptops Stolen
- Joint Commission Guidance on New Clinical Alarm Safety Goal
- HIT Vendor News Roundup: CareInSync, Omnicell/Cerner & NICVIEW