Tool Guides Patients in Consents
The Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology has issued new online resources for educating patients on making an informed consent decision on whether to share their medical information via a health information exchange.ONC unveiled the tools during Health IT Week in Washington. The tools include information for providers on state and federal laws and policies related to information exchange, as well as the use of tablet computers to present information to patients to help them make meaningful consent decisions about data exchange.
All Health Data Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to exclusive industry white paper downloads, web seminars, podcasts, e-books, and conference discounts. Qualified members may also choose to receive our free monthly magazine and any of our e-newsletters covering the latest breaking news, opinions from industry leaders, developing trends and specialized topics like EHR's, revenue cycle management, health insurance exchanges, analytics, and more!
- Allscripts, Cerner, McKesson & Others Launch Interoperability Service
- KLAS Details Rough Start for Computer-Assisted Coding Vendors
- 800,000 Affected after Horizon BCBS Laptops Stolen
- Joint Commission Guidance on New Clinical Alarm Safety Goal
- HIT Vendor News Roundup: CareInSync, Omnicell/Cerner & NICVIEW