Data: Managing It to Make the Most of It
Digital Edition, October 10, 2012
For years, leaders have been talking about how health care organizations need to collect and access data electronically. Now that the industry has become more automated and the electronic data is here, the big question is, what are we going to do with all this data? The goal is to use it more effectively, somehow turning all this disparate information into intelligence that can lead to better clinical and operational decisions. Indeed, a recent report from the Institute of Medicine points out that better use of data could lead to the system-wide transformation so sorely needed in the industry.
Information management which includes data integration, data analytics and master data management could create the business, or clinical, value needed. The articles, white papers and case studies in Data: Managing It to Make the Most of It explore how health care organizations can use information management to move their organizations forward. Read through this engaging e-book from SAS to discover how all those bits and bytes of data can be transformed into the useful intelligence that your organization needs to succeed.
- Medicare Has ICD-10 Accommodation Period, But What About Other Insurers?
- 16 Experts on Twitter Who Are Leading the Discussion on Health IT
- Automated analytics can fill in for data scientists: But (!)
- CMS Calls Final ICD-10 End-to-End Testing a Success
- 11 Hospital IT Executives You Should Follow on Twitter