Big Data and Analytics: Opportunities and Challenges
Digital Edition, June 20, 2014
After sitting on the sidelines for quite some time, healthcare organizations are finally entering into the big data game. Fortunately, it appears as if itís a game worth playing, as a report from the McKinsey Global Institute points out that, if used creatively and effectively, big data could be worth more $300 billion per year for the industry. Simply having lots of information, of course, is just the start. To truly improve clinical care and operational efficiencies, healthcare organizations need to analyze the data, turning all of the disparate information into actionable knowledge. Read on to find out about the opportunities and challenges that organizations face as they leverage analytic tools to emerge as big data winners.
- 16 Experts on Twitter Who Are Leading the Discussion on Health IT
- E-Prescribing of Controlled Substances Legal Nationwide
- Medicare Has ICD-10 Accommodation Period, But What About Other Insurers?
- Argonaut Interoperability Project Focuses on Testing
- 11 Hospital IT Executives You Should Follow on Twitter