Beyond Basics: Healthcare Industry Poised to Explore More Innovative Technologies
Digital Edition, July 21, 2014
The federal government’s electronic health records adoption program seems to have whet healthcare providers’ appetites for more. As organizations are moving toward implementing EHRs in compliance with the Meaningful Use requirements, many are coming back to the table looking to broaden their technology consumption as well.
Certainly, the government’s incentive program can, at least in part, be credited with sparking this wide-spread move toward information technology. According to findings from the 25th Annual HIMSS Leadership Survey, more than 90 percent of hospital leaders have already qualified for Stage 1 Meaningful Use and approximately three-quarters indicated they expect to qualify for Stage 2 in 2014. Read on to find out what’s next.
For more information on related topics, visit the following channels:
- 8 Steps to Selecting the Right Population Health Management Vendor
- AMA-Led Coalition Calls for ICD-10 Transition Contingency Plans
- EHRs to Play Central Role in Precision Medicine Initiative
- 17 BI & Analytics Requirements: Gartner Magic Quadrant
- How King v. Burwell Could Impact 5 Key Healthcare System Stakeholders