EHRs are used in both inpatient and ambulatory settings to document care and share information across departments. Topics include: vendor selection, system deployment, and workflow analysis. On the inpatient side, best-of-breed versus single source is a perennial debate as CIOs automate the widely diverse departments under their purview, such as the surgical suite, radiology and intensive care. On the ambulatory side, group practices wrestle with physician productivity issues and creating interfaces to outside service partners such as labs.
- Medicare Has ICD-10 Accommodation Period, But What About Other Insurers?
- Automated analytics can fill in for data scientists: But (!)
- CMS Calls Final ICD-10 End-to-End Testing a Success
- AHRQ Funds Target Research, IT Tools to Improve Patient Safety
- 16 Experts on Twitter Who Are Leading the Discussion on Health IT