EHRs are used in both inpatient and ambulatory settings to document care and share information across departments. Topics include: vendor selection, system deployment, and workflow analysis. On the inpatient side, best-of-breed versus single source is a perennial debate as CIOs automate the widely diverse departments under their purview, such as the surgical suite, radiology and intensive care. On the ambulatory side, group practices wrestle with physician productivity issues and creating interfaces to outside service partners such as labs.
- 8 Steps to Selecting the Right Population Health Management Vendor
- AMA-Led Coalition Calls for ICD-10 Transition Contingency Plans
- EHRs to Play Central Role in Precision Medicine Initiative
- 17 BI & Analytics Requirements: Gartner Magic Quadrant
- How King v. Burwell Could Impact 5 Key Healthcare System Stakeholders